LALITHA [ LALITA ] SAHASRANAMAM MAI SAHASRANAMAM
311) Rasyaa रस्या – She who is to be tasted. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 311
The only joy source which once tasted will enslave you for ever, and therefore to be tasted again and again.The remembrance of taste never disappears or dims. By experience, self-denial and wisdom, one refrains from pleasures, but the desire for worldly pleasures remains latent and buried. These become extinct, only when higher joys of divine love are tasted.
312) Ratna-kinkini-mekhalaa रणत्किंकिणीमेखला – Having a girdle of tinkling bells. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 312
Tinkling is infatuating.
When that is heard, ordinary mortals fall in swoon with unbearable and overpowering joy, whereas greatest Yogis like Shiva शिव wonder, on finding that their state of full bliss is broken, being surprised with the experience, that a still higher joy does exist. Theses then run maddened with the desire of hearing that tinkling again and again.
312) Ranat-kinkini-mekhalaa रणत्किंकिणिमेखला -She that causes infatuation through the melodious sound of the tinkling bells of Her girdle.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 312
313) Ramaa रमा ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 313
Mother becomes the Ramaa रमा, the Lakshmi लक्ष्मी, creating passion for getting and amassing the wealth. The Scriptures say,” She appears like a dancer in the forms of Lakshmi, the giver of wealth.” She Herself dances less but makes others dance to the extent and in varieties, both beyond imagination.
314) Raakendu-vadanaa राकेन्दुवदना With the face like the full moon.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 314
315) Ratirupaa रतिरूपा – In the form of Belovedness or having the irresistible force of belovedness or in the condition of loving Her devotees or being loved by them.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम 315
316) Ratipriyaa रतिप्रिया – Beloved of Rati. Fond of loving and being loved.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 316
317) Rakshaakari रक्षाकरी -Protector. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 317
She that protects Her devotees from miseries, temptations, sins etc. Rakshaa रक्षा also means ashes, She that reduces the sins of Her devotees to ashes.
318) Raakshasaghni राक्षसघ्नी – Killer of Raakkshasaas.ललिता सहस्रना स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 318
The difference between a Daitya दैत्य and a Raakshasa राक्षस is a subtle one. A Daitya or a Raakshsa is one of undivine tendency, but Daitya is so , not out of ignorance of higher knowledge and occult practices, but out of a hereditary revenge to the Deities, or out of passion of personal aggrandisment. In fact, Daityas often did much more severe and hard penance than the Devas. Even the art of Sanjivani संजीवनी or life-restoring was known to them. The difference between Deities and Demons can be well expressed by opposite pairs of softness and hardness, moderation and extremity. God in the long run and self in the long run. Mythologically , Demons and Deities are children of the same father but different mothers, viz., Diti दिती and Aditi अदिती . They are the manifestations of the same force , but put to contrary uses and spent in contradictory fields of thought, desire and action. Raakshasa is only a species with inherent nature which is just the reverse of godly and divine nature.
319) Raamaa रामा- Woman. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 319
It is not that Mother always likes to manifest Herself as the most beautiful lovely woman. She sometimes assumes the form of even an old hag.
In the Hindu scriptures, there is a description of Dhumaavati धुमावती, one of the aspects of Mother. Deformed, restless,cruel-faced, dirty-clothed, dry, rickety, inauspicious-looking, with a winnow in hand , poverty-stricken, widow-like, with the crow as Her pet bird, etc.
Naturally there are few devotees, who accept this form for their worship, but those who do, are favoured most speedily with the fulfilment of their desires.
True devotees delight to serve any woman, in whatever form, however ugly, poor, crooked, criminal and sinful. All women to him are different forms in different bodies of Mother.
If women are pleased or displeased, deities also are pleased or displeased. If they are pleased, the family prospers. the country, in which women are respected and protected and taken care of, prospers. However, woman should not mean one’s wife, nor should that respect or help be an outcome of selfishness, slavery, lust or illicit love.
320) Ramanlamtaa रमणलम्पटा – She, that makes one entirely shameless in the matter of securing and enjoying whatever gives him enjoy-ability and opens out the field for his joy. As stated before, this name explains an aspect as the name Bhogini. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 320