LALITHA (LALITA) SAHASRANAMA MAI SAHASRANAMA
341) Kshettraswarupaa क्षेत्रस्वरूपा – With matter as Her body.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 341
While going through this name, one should seriously think how body limits the soul, which is so often led by the requirements of the body. Body has a certain power over the soul.
One of the greatest subject of thought, is how to bring about the best and correct understanding about the relation and rhythm, between the body and the soul.
342) Kshetreshi क्षेत्रेशी – The ruler of matter. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नामक्रमांक 342
343) Kshetra-kshetrajna-paalini क्षेत्रक्षेत्रज्ञपालिनी – The protector of matter and of the knower of matter. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 343
Kshetra means the matter or the field and Kshetrajna is the knower thereof, i.e., the soul (jiva). This body is called Kshetra, and on who resides therein is called Kshetrajna.
344) Kshaya-vriddhi-vinirmuktaa क्षयवृध्दिविनिर्मुक्ता – Free from decay and growth.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 344
345 ) Kshetrapaal-samarchitaa क्षेत्रपालसमर्चिता – Worshipped by Kshetrapaal, the protector of the universe. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 345
It is explained in Hindu Mythology that Kaali, one of the aspects of Mother as the fighter on battle-field killed a demon, but there after the fire of Her wrath was not appeased. Seeing the consternation of the world , Shiva in order to appease Her anger assumed the form of crying infant. She suckled the child who drank up the fire of anger along with the breast milk. This child which is that incarnation of Shiva, is called Kshetrapaala. Kshetra is also the place where Mother is worshipped. In places where Mother is worshipped, Mother’s invisible devotees remain present. Being so very anxious to maintain the continuance of worship and sacredness of the place, they actually pray to Mother for the continuance of the prayer holding and sacredness of the place and practice.
346) Vijayaa विजया – Making Her devotees ever victorious. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 346
Mother that gives success in all undertakings , to those who propitiate Her on tenth of Bright Fortnight of Aashwin Month, after great propitiation of Her, during the first nine days from 1st to 9th.
Vijayaa is the deity and Vijayaa Dashmi (Dasheraa) is the day of Victory for Mother’s devotees.It is a sacred festival day for Hindus and is connected with success of Rama after Mother worship and that of Paandavas of Mahaabhaarat and so on. All Hindu kings observe the day with great splendour and display, and on the said festival day, people worship their weapons, and means of power and maintenance, swords, horses, even motor cars etc. The day falls somewhere near about October.
347) Vimalaa विमला – Unsullid. Pure in midst of all impurities.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 347
348) Vandyaa वंद्या – Adorable.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 348
349) Vandaaru-jana-vatsalaa वन्दारूजनवत्सला -Fond of Her worshippers in the relation of their being Her children, as Mother. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 349
350) Vaagavaadini वाग्वादिनी- The speaker of the word. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 350
She resides as speech in the mouth of Her devotees, and She is the origin of all words and their phonetic powers.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA