Mai is the Hindi word for ‘Mother’. Mai-ism is the Universal psychological rational religion round the conception of the Motherhood of God as well, along with the Fatherhood of God mostly prevalent till now all over the world and even preferably for them that appreciate more. Mai is the Universal Mother of all human beings without any distinctions of religions, nations or communities etc., “Mai” under the preciseness of Mai-ism, further carries the notion that Mai is the Universal Mother of all, who is most pleased on living the life of Universal Love and Service with Devotion and unconditional cheerful Self Surrender to the Divine Will.
Some of the specific distinguishing features of Mai-ism are :-
1. It seeks the reconciliation and unification of all different individual religions.
2. It raises the status of Motherhood, Sisterhood, Daughterhood and Womanhood to be co-equal with the Fatherhood, Brotherhood, Sonhood and Manhood. Mai-ism believes that in as much as the whole world is pervaded with and works with the masculine and feminine elements, forming component parts as proved even by science , no religion and no progressive evolutionary process can be perfect without the acceptance of the co-equal status of man and woman.
3. Requirement, theology and philosophy of a Universal Religion should be simple and uncomplicated as can be selected by way of the truely conscientious practitioners. Simplicity is stated to be the “Charm” of Mai-ism.
4. For them that have a special aptitude , Mother and Child relationship between God and man is extremely efficient for all reliefs, and spiritual or religious progress.
5. Everyone has one’s own right in the matter of selecting one’s own path of for evolution or religious progress.
6. In all other matters , except universality, love, service, devotion and unconditional cheerful self-surrender, every one has one’s own full freedom
of choice of action, provided the action is harmless, moral, just, legitimate and religiously permissible.
The all -appealing attractivity of Mai-ism arises itself from its broad based spontaneous simplicity.The reconciliatory readjusting power of Mai-ism proceeds itself from its religious recognition of all beings’ divine right of demand and choice, in respect of freedom, peace and happiness.The subterranean spring of Mai-ism for the perennial supply of surviving stamina and security sprays itself from the sublime supreme MOTHER-CHILD RELATIONSHIP.
There should be no misunderstanding about Mai-ism being something separate from any of the existing established religions.Mai-ism is only a synthetic essence of all religions. Mai-ism is Hinduism or Christianity or say any religion, BUT NOT THAT ALONE. A Mother is the mother of each one of her children but yet not any child alone. Mai-ism is a larger circle which includes all smaller circles without tackling or touching or disturbing the integrity of any smaller circles. It is a parental religion of the most merciful parent. THE MOTHER which keeps reconciliation of all individual religions.
Mai-ism reveres all established religions, their founders, their specific deities, religious practices, modes of worship, scriptures etc. Mother is the same being as Father. Mother is mother of all Founders, Religions, Incarnations and Immortal Preachers and Teachers of all religions. Any Mai-adherent or Mai-ist in the sacred service of Mai is ten times the servant of Mai’s any illustrious son.
The condition of the world has so entirely changed that it is impossible for any individual religion to stand separated, single and quite aloof from all other religions. Mai-ism aspires to be the new Universal Religion that world under distress has been searching for.Mai-ism to say the least is a miniature and a basic model or a skeleton of the Universal Religion so much needed.
With a view to consolidating the whole world religiously, Mai-ism concedes that it is not indispensable requirement for Mai-ists, that they must have a belief in the existence of God., provided they truely love and serve all to the best of their possibility and practicability; That is because in the estimation of mai-ism selfishness and living a life of violating Divine Laws is a much worse variety of atheism than the open honest denial of God.
Mai-ism is as much attentive to the life of now and herewith all its miseries and happiness, as the life of hereafter and above. Maiji writes in Mother’s message , ” Be we first man, then brothers and thereafter alone, religious men. By religion Maiji means first, the surest foundation of love and service, unselfishness, self-sacrifice, self-control, self-denial, justice, wisdom, mercy, truth. morality, virtue, character, foregoingness, forgiveness, forgetfulness etc. The six “Gs” of Mai-ism are Gratefulness, Greatness, Goodness, Givingness, Godliness and Goingness. Four “Gs” must precede Godliness.
EXTRACTS FROM THE BOOKLET “MOTHER’S MESSAGE” BY SAINT SHRI. MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND (MAIJI) & PUBLISHED BY MAI ADHERENTS’ INSTITUTE [UNIVERSAL MAI-ISM TRUST],MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ (WEST), MUMBAI 400054, INDIA.
You must be logged in to post a comment.