LALITHA (LALITA) SAHASRANAMA MAI SAHASRANAMA
321) Kaamyaa काम्या – The Desideratum.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 321
Those who desire liberation and find that they are not sufficiently suited to follow the other routine paths of evolution , desire to approach God as Mother, whose Grace alone , is powerful enough to do the rest.
322) Kaama-kalaa-rupaa कामकलारूपा- In the form of Kaama Kalaa. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 322
Kaama काम means desire and Kalaa कला means the art. Mother is in the form of the desire, as also the art which leads to the fructification of the desire, as also the result of the union of the desire and the art of fulfilling the same. On personification, Kaama काम means Shiva शिव and Kaali काली means Shakti शक्ती . Mother is the union of Shiva शिव and Shakti शक्ती or to be more explicit Mother is the Mother of Shiva a in whose heart is Shakti and Shakti in whose heart is Shiva.
It is interesting to think about the qualities and actions of the pairs, Brahma ब्रह्म and maayaa माया , Love and Power, Spirit and matter, knowledge and desire, Shiva and Shakti, man and woman, inaction and action, etc. There union is bliss. that bliss is felt, if the union is by unification, i.e., if after separation.
There are subtleties within subtleties, and the parts they play are wonderful. They have opposite qualities at times, at times exactly similar qualities , at times they exchange these qualities. All play of the Two Inseparables, and again the conception of Two about the One, the knowledge of the Reality and delusion caused by notions of unreality, are the subtle plays. Both plays are Kaama-Kalaa-Vilaasa. One play is in delusion and the other in full understanding of the Reality.
The whole universe with its funny working is Vilaasa विलास, the play of Mother, well versed in art of making people run mad after desires, and again making them completely proof against any desires on disintegration of these desires.
Mother is the desire, the kindler of the desire, the desirer, the desired, the art of fulfilling the desire, the fulfiller of the desire and finally the proofness against desire.
On the plane of love between man and woman, it is Mother that has gifted woman with the art of kindling the desire, fulfilling the same, and finally bringing up the stage of being fed of the experiences, as a result of entertaining the desire. Woman to man is a miniature of the play of Mother to Her beloved souls, although much inferior and full of ignorance on the part of both man and woman, and of a different kind, and of a different consciousness and with a different object in view, in a word, the play of the deluded or desire-driven.
323) Kadamba-kusuma-priyaa कादंबकुसुमप्रिया – Fond of Kadamba flowers.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 323
324) Kalyaani कल्याणी-Beneficent. Showering permanent and eternal final welfare. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 324
Just as the cow is nourished during the day with the repeated chewing of the tender grass, so the devotee is nourished by repetition of Mother’s name and remembrance.
Permanent nourishment is Kalyaan कल्याण and that one begins to have as soon as he comes in contact with Mother’s devotees.
325) Jagatikandaa जगतीकंदा – Seed of the world.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 325
326) Karunaa-rasa-saagaraa करूणारससागरा- Ocean of the waters of compassion.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 326
327) Kalaavati कलावती – Full of tricks. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 327
This is when She attracts and plays with Her devotees. She uses a hundred tricks while playing with Her devotees, befooling them, sometimes raising to skies, sometimes treating them during the play, and for the purpose of play alone, as worst as dust and so on.
328) Kalaalaapaa कलालापा – She whose most ordinary conversation is tricky and bewitching and whose speech is enslaving and who has innumerable arts of deceiving and infatuating. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 328
329) Kaantaa कांता- Beautiful ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 329
Devotees feel more of hilarity with Her than with with the youngest most beautiful playmates.
Having described Mother as an ocean, any reader or follower may say, “Oh, it is all serenity. Let us be known as, and let us acknowledge ourselves as unfit. Devotion is alright for them who have no desire and all serenity. Surely a man can not have as much hilarity in the company of Mother, as in the company of a beloved ?
To this the reply is that She is more beautiful and more romantic than what the most beautiful and most romantic beloved can be. Mother is so very full of loving heart and romance , that youngest devotees also forget their sexual pleasures and pass all their time in the company of the Mother, considering themselves most happy. Similarly if a devotee’s heart is overflowing with pure and sincere love, people, even though young do flock round him, and feel extreme pain to leave him.
330) Kaadambari-priyaa कादंबरीप्रिया -Fond of romance. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 330
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA