LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM MAI SAHASRANAMAM
401)Vividhaakaaraa विविधाकारा – Of varied multifold forms. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 401
She is formless because She is Supreme, while She is many-formed because of Her activity. Though She is of the nature of Para Brahma, ( Finalmost mother ), She is also the agent of all action and activity (Active Mother ).
The difference between the above two names, is that one refers to innumerable varieties of the same kind, and other to the innumerable kinds, even contradictory and yet there is no incongruency as stated in the next name.
402) Vidyaavidyaarupini विद्याविद्यारूपिणी- In the form of knowledge and ignorance. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 402
“One who knows both knowledge and ignorance, crosses over death, by knowing and eliminating ignorance and attains immortality, by attaining and achieving fruits of knowledge.”
One must have both negative and positive knowledge and resort to both types of corresponding remedies. The two kinds of knowledge are, one about self-realization and the other about how the delusions and obstructions arise.
Vidyaa and Avidyaa are two forms of Mother, by one men are freed , by the other they are bound.
Mother has three forms, Bhraanti भ्रांती, Vidyaa विद्या and Paraaपरा . The confused knowledge of different objects almost of a delusive nature, is called Bhraanti भ्रांती.
Knowledge concerning self and Brahman without ambiguity, are called Vidyaa विद्या and Paraa परा respectively.
403) Mahaa-kaamesha-nayan-kumuda-aalhaada-kaumudi महाकमेशनयनकुमुदाल्हादकौमुदी – And She becomes moonlight which gladdens the Kumuda flower pair of the eyes of the devotee. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 403
भक्तहार्दतमोभेदभानुमद्भानुसंततिः – Mother is the sunbeam which drives out the darkness of ignorance from the hearts of Her devotees. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 404
405)Shivadooti शिवदूती – She, whose messenger was Shiva.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 405
When the Devas (deities) were oppressed by Shumbha and Nishumbha demons, they prayed to Mother, and Mother appearing on the scene , gave a graceful opportunity to the demons , to save themselves, through a message which She forwarded to them, through Mahaadeva or Shiva or Mahesha . Shivadooti is also the name of a Nityaa
406) Shivaaraadhyaaशिवाराध्या -Worshipped by Shiva. The Brahma Puraan says :”Even Shiva by worshipping Whom, by meditation, by the power of Yoga or union with Whom, becomes the Lord of all Siddhis and becomes half-female.”ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 406
407) Shivamurti शिवमूर्ति -ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 407
408) शिवंकरी – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 408
409) Shivapriyaa शिवप्रिया -ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 409
410) Shivaparaa शिवपरा – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 410
In the form of Shiva. There is no separateness of Shiva and Shakti. “He is Shakti Himself and is never separated from Her.” Beloved of Shiva and Beyond Shiva because the position of Shiva depends on Shakti.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR :MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTACRUZ WEST, MUMBAI 400054 INDIA
You must be logged in to post a comment.