LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMA माई सहस्रनाम
231) Mahaabhairavapoojitaa महाभैरवपूजिता – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 231
Worshipped by great Bhairava, the deity of exertion. This name is suggestive of the triple activity of Mother, as Bha means Bharana or Creation, Ra means Ramana or protection and Va means Vamana or destruction.
232) Mahaa-taandava-saakshini महाताण्डवसाक्षिणी – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 232
On every faculty, every power , every sinew, every nerve, every drop of blood , every pore and every hair being made perfect, capable of doing the maximum work and being immortalised, what else can there be but that the devotee dances in the highest ecstasy, being relieved from all pains , sorrows, miseries and the whirlpools of birth and death !! Mother witness the unique dance and Herself gets absorbed in the ecstasy experienced by the devotee.
233)Mahaa-kaamesha-mahishi महाकामेशमहिषी – The Queen of Shiva.The word Mahaa is used to distinguish this Shiva from the Shiva of Trinity. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 233
Next we consider Mother’s worship as Shakti. Here She is supposed to be a wife of Shiva as per Hindu conception.
It must be very clear born in mind that this is not Maai, the Finalmost Mother.
234) Mahaa-tripura-sundari महात्रिपुरसुंदरी – The great Tripura-sundari. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 234
The great ordainer of the three conditions of creation, preservation and dissolution. The implied meaning is “She that will again create, preserve and dissolve.” Mahaa is used to convey the idea of “again and again,” about creating universes after universes.
235) Chatusha-shatyupa-chaaraadhyaa चतुःषष्ट्युपचाराढ्या – She that is worshipped by sixty four different reverential worshipful ceremonial doings. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 235
236) Chatush-shashti-kalaa-mayi चतुःषष्टिकलामयी- ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 236
Possessing the knowledge and art of sixty four sciences. There are several sciences and arts, treating subjects as under:-
The science of Letters, Reading and Writing, different Languages, Religious knowledge, Poetry,Rhetoric, Drama, Magic, the art of Pacifying,Controlling, Attracting, Subjugation and Ruining others, the art of Nullifying the actions and effects of emotion, force, water, sight, fire, weapon, poison, speech and semen etc., the art of Training of animals and men, the art of divination through Astrology, Palmistry, Phrenology, Geography etc, art of Gambling, the science of Gymnasium, Cooking, Snake-charming, Hypnotizing, including deluding and stealing, Alchemy, Singing and dancing, Diagnosing by pulse, the art of valuing Jewelry, the art of Disappearance and Changing Forms, Sizes, Shapes etc.
237) Mahaa-chatush-shashti-koti-yogini-gana-sevitaa महाचतुःषष्टिकोटियोगिनीगणसेविता Served by great sixty four crores of bands of yoginis (energy-deities-attendants). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 237
There are eight principal Divinities, expressed by the name of Ashtamurthi. Each one has eight Shaktis. This makes up sixty four Shaktis and each Shakti has one crore maid servants known as Yoginis.
238) Manuvidyaa मनुविद्या-The Mental evolutionary Path to the attainment of Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 238
239)) Chandravidyaa चन्द्रविद्या – The emotional evolutionary Path of attaining Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 239
240) Chandra-mandala-madhyagaa चारूमंडलमध्यगा – Residing in the centre of the Moon’s disc. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 240
To obtain long life,etc., and marital love with fidelity, respect and sacrifice Mother should be contemplated in the Moon’s disc, especially on Full-moon day.
Shiva is suppose to reside in fire and Shakti in the Moon.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND