LALITHA [ LALITA ] SAHASRANAMAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMAM माई सहस्रनाम
241) Chaaru-rupaa चारूरूपा –Exquisite beauty. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 241
242) Chaaru-haasaa चारूहासा –With beautiful smile. “The Moon is Thy sweet smile” Oh Most Gladdening Mother !! ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 242
243) Chaaru-chandra-kalaa-dharaa चारूचन्द्रकलाधरा–Possessing all the different processes of creating and spreading joy, as of the beautiful Crescent Moon. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 243
244) Charaachara-jagannaathaa चराचरजगन्नाथा – Ruler of the animate and inanimate worlds. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 244
245) Chakra-raaja-nilayaa चक्रराजनिलया – Residing in the highest kind of Chakra चक्र , i.e., Shree Chakra श्री चक्र . ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 245
Next we come to Mother as worshipped in the Shree Chakra श्री चक्र. Please see at the end of this book Khadga-Maalaa
खड्ग-माला , which is as it were the description of Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र .
246) Paarvati पार्वती – The mountain daughter. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नाम क्रमांक 246
Mother is at times extremely hard-hearted and in that sense, She is the daughter of mountain- a rock, a stone. Paarvati is an ideal of chastity, and She is extremely severe to those devotees of Her, who are loose in their sexual behavior and character though of course She is severe, with a view to give a tremendous moral lift.
No person should therefor be a special devotee of Mother in the Paarvati form, unless he has extremely staunch and firm and perfectly pure in morality. There instances of devotees having turned lunatic, who had no control over their morals and worshipped Mother as Paarvati.
The same idea of exemplary chastity and austere celibacy is seen in Paarvati’s first son Kaartikeya, If any lady worships or enters a Kaartikeya temple, it is believed that she would shortly be a widow.
Paarvati is known her Her unbounded anger in cases of breach of breach of chastity, so much so, that she has not desisted from kicking Her own husband Shiva, at the slightest suspicion of a breach of chastity.(Please vide Shloka 86 of Saundarya Lahari).
247) Padama-nayanaa पद्मनयना – Lotus eyed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 247
248) Padma-raaga-sama-prabhaa पद्मरागसमप्रभा– Shining like the ruby.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 248
249) Panchapretaasanaasinaa पंचप्रेतासनासीना Seated on the seat(formed) of five corpses. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 249
When deprived of their respective gifts of Shaktis from Mother, the five principal deities are incapable of action and thus deprived of their power, they are like corpses.
The principal deities are Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Shiva and Sadaashiva. Their powers enabling them to be what they are, are Vaamaa, Jeshtaa, Raudri, Shiva and Shakti respectively.
The corpses refereed to may also be taken to be Jiva, Prakriti, Buddhi, Ahankaara and Manas.
Mother is, as it were enjoying rest on the bed sheet of the heart of the devotee, as if She were taking rest after strenuous work of spiritual uplift of the devotees. When She after a little rest for the final Grace shower looks at Her devotee, one devotee as it were becomes five-fold, or five devotees. Two of theses are lost in Her bewitching eyes, one in Her smile and two in Her Lotus Feet. These five devotees are corpses before Mother showers Grace on them by looking, in the sense of being fully devoid of any energy whatever. They are corpses again, after the spiritual unification with Mother, in the sense of having merged their individuality in Mother. Devotees are corpses just before and after communion with Mother.
250) Pancha-brahma-svarupini पंचब्रह्मस्वरूपिणी – Of whom the five Brahmans are the five forms.Scriptures says,”The unconditioned Brahma by the play of Maayaa becomes five-conditioned Brahmaas, viz., “Brahmaa, Vishnu, Mahesha, Ishvar and Sadashiv.” Some explain five Brahmas to mean Jiva (soul), Prakriti (inborn nature),Ahankaar (egoism), Manas (mind) and Buddhi (discriminative faculty). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 250
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA