LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM ललितासहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMA माई सहस्रनाम
251) Chinmyi चिन्मयी – In the form of consciousness. CHAITANYA, Intelligence or sentience. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 251
252) Paramaanandaa परमानन्दा- Immeasurably happy.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 252
Mother is Paramaanandaa परमानंदा because She is the giver of supreme bliss.
253) Vijnaana-ghana-roopini विज्ञानघनरूपिणी – One essence of consciousness or chaitanya. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 253
254)Dhyaana-dhyaatru-dhyeya-rupaa ध्यानध्यातृध्येयरूपा -She is the meditation, meditator and the object of meditation. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 254
255) Dharma-adharma-vivarjitaa धर्माधर्मविवर्जिता– Devoid of virtue and vice.ललिता सहस्रानाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 255
She is not bound by the limitations of vice and virtue in matter of Herself and Her relations with devotees. Virtues and vices are tendencies, which led to finally permanently desirable and undesirable actions and results.
When She showers Her Grace on a devotee, She first makes Her devotees devoid of vice and virtue, and then that which leads to a desirable result, is taught to him by teachers whom She specially deputes to teach him.
Generally speaking, that conduct which prevails in each country in accordance with tradition, conditions and circumstances, and which is not contrary to the fundamental truths in scriptures, is called Dharma धर्म . As per Mother’s Ideal, sacrifice , good conduct, self-control , non-injury, gift and sacred study, etc. is Dharma.
Dharma धर्म means upholder, whatever holds you up from going down.
Dharma further means duty, i.e., duty to one’s creator, one sisters and brothers, and to the universe, ancestors and posterity, and finally Dharma means one’s nature, and that is suggestive of union with Mother or returning to the finalmost Mother.
256) Vishvarupaa विश्वरूपा Creation. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 256
She that should not be considered as separate from the universe, which is of Her own making.
You can not get the Grace of Mother and act in any way you like , with the universe.
257) Jaagarini जागरिणी – She that manages the waking state. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 257
She that manages the waking state to dear all, which is the state of being capable of doing external actions through the activity of different faculties and organs of action and knowledge. Jiva जीव or soul in its waking state is called Jagarit जागृत and acts in the gross body called Vishva विश्व .
258) Svapanti स्वपन्ती – Dreaming state. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 258
She that manages the state of Svapna (dream) which is the state of objectifying visions ( which are perceived in the mind ), caused by the perception of ideas latent in the mind. Jiva in its dreaming state is called Tejas and acts in the subtle body.
It is a big question, whether the crown of a king in the waking state or the bagging bowl of the same king in the dreaming state, should be called true or Satya सत्य .
259) Taijasaatmikaa तैजसात्मिका – In the collective form of all jivas in the dreaming state.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 259
260) Suptaa सुप्ता – State of sleep. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 260
She that manages the state of sleep. Sleep is incapacity of discrimination i.e., the illusion. One says ,” I slept happily. I knew nothing ” One says this from recollection. Three modifications of Avidyaa अविद्या are indicated by this expression, viz., ignorance, egoism and happiness. Sound sleep is that state, in which these three exist. Jiva जीव in this state is called Praajna प्राज्ञ and acts in the causal body.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA