LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM MAI SAHASRANAM
221) Mahaa-viryaa महावीर्या – The great strength.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 221
Virya means semen, and glory.
222) Mahaa-balaa महाबला –The great might. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 222
Bala means physical strength, Virya वीर्य , physical and mental capacity as a result of the protection of semen and celibacy. Aishvarya means strength of Bala and Virya, and also the strength of thousands of others dependent for their life on Her sweet will.
223) Mahaa-buddhih महाबुध्दीः – The great intelligence. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 223
When the intelligence is directed towards Her, nothing remains to be known. “On knowing which, the whole universe is known.”Or, from whom, one obtains highest (Mahat महत ) intelligence.
224) Mahaa-siddhih महासिध्दीः – The great attainment. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 224
The Siddhis सिध्दी are well-known super human powers, viz., Animaa अणिमा , Laghimaa लघिमा , etc., obtained by Yoga योग . Mai-ists have however, a different set of Siddhis to aspire to. These Siddhis are explained thus. The first Siddhi is the manifestation of taste; i.e., being able to have the satisfaction of having tasted different joys without objects to be tasted and without the enjoying conditions being there in existing reality; the second the is overcoming the pair of opposites; the third is being above the notion of both superiority and inferiority (implying the difference of degree), the fourth is indifference towards the conditions of pleasure, pain and life,the fifth is being without sorrow; the sixth is steadfastness in penance and contemplation of Mother; the seventh is the power of unrestrained exertions for uplift and happiness of humanity,and the eighth is the power of uniform equilibrium of head and heart.
No. 1 is also to be taken to mean the power to turn any conditions or circumstances to tasefulness and cheerfulness.
No.5 is also similarly taken to mean capacity to create inexhaustible cheerfulness, luster and strength.
No.7 also similarly means exhautionlessness and sleeplessness and No. 8 also means continued equilibrated absorption in the meditation of Mother.
225) Mahaa-yogesh-varesh-vari महायोगेश्वरेश्वरी – The ruler of the great rulers, of Yogis. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 225
To the doubt, as which of the two classes of Siddhis above referred to is higher, this is a reply.The last narrated Siddhis are Siddhis of a higher order, being those of Yogeshvareshvari योगयोगेश्वरी and not of merely a Yogi योगी .
226) Mahaa-tantraa महातंत्रा – The greatest Tantra.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 226
227) Mahaa-mantraa महामंत्रा– The greatest Mantra.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 227
228) Mahaa-yantraa महायंत्रा – The greatest Yantra. ललिता सहसनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 228
229) Mahaasanaa महासना – The greatest supernatural powers-achieving posture. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 229
230) Mahaa-yaaga-kramaa-radhyaa महायागक्रमाराध्या Worshiped by the method of Mahaayaaga, i.e., great sacrifice. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 230
Worshiped by the method of Mahaayaaga महायाग , i.e., great sacrifice.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND