MAI principally means God as Universal Mother, Universal Father, Universal Mother-Father or Universal Father-Mother of one and all human beings, one creatress or creator of all created beings or things, who is most pleased and showers peace, prosperity, health, wealth, joy and happiness on them that have been living the life of universal love and service to God’s all children, and of devotion and unconditional cheerful self-surrender to the Divine Will of the Final-most God of any conception that any one accepts.
Any idol or image, symbol or emblem, picture or the sacrificial altar or any object, installed anywhere, either in a Church or a Temple or a Mosque or a Synagogue and worshipped by any people in any manner and any mode they decide, with any gospel or scriptures they prefer but based on the conception that it represents Universal God, whether Mother or even Father or Jointly as Mother & Father etc., easily propitiable on living the life on the lines of the above-sated tenets by itself, is MAI or the Universal Mother.
Mai is the finalmost name for, God of Religiosity, Self of Humanity, Soul of the Highest Knowledge and Bliss, Spirit of all the Highest Powers with which the whole universe is governed and worked and adjusted, Truth of all the Subtlest Philosophies and Consciousness of the Highest Spiritual Communion and Union-practising Unionists (Yogis).
Mother is called “ Mai”. She has no other name by delimitation, and the name “ Mai”, is appropriate not only as the Hindi word for mother, but because repetition of Her sacred name gives the most efficacious mystic word “AIM”. On repetition, “Mai, Mai, Mai,” becomes “ Aim, Aim, Aim,” and vice versa “AIM” Mantra (sanctified sound) is as sacred as Aum. That the efficacy of even “Aum” is ultimately connects with the meditation of Mother, can be seen from the word itself. Re-writing infinitely without a break “Aum Aum Aum,” becomes “Umaa, Umaa, Umaa,” which is well-known Hindu name of one of the manifestations of Mother (Desire, Energy and Creative Power).
Any other select name of denomination in lieu of Mai of Mai-ism as one’s own personal beloved God or accepted-lived-and adhered to religion, is quite an equally welcome and acceptable substitute, or substitution.
Mother’s Lodge is an institute of members, sisters and brothers, whose very first religious belief is that we are, one and all, children of the same Almighty God, conceived as Mother. Mother is, of course, sexless and is same as Father. The difference is not in the name and sex but in the working psychology, enabling one to achieve the spiritual goal.
Mother’s Lodge is for the propitiation of God Almighty conceived as Mother. Mother is second to none and without cause or comparable. Not the World Mother, not Shakti or Power personified, with a separate controller, not the Handmaid of God; not Father’s wife; not Māyā or Illusion Maker, not the Misery Creator; not the Black Magician’s Deity; not one of the five gods of Hindu worship ; not Mother Kāli and not Mother Mary, Not the worshipped of the wayward Vāmāchūris; neither the Goddess of demons nor the Slayer of demons.
Mother has, no doubt, all aspects as above, but these aspects are only as waves in the ocean of Mother.
Mother is essentially the Ocean of infinite love and mercy. She, Mother Mai, is one’s human mother raised to power of infinity, to Godhood. Nothing less than God of all nations, all religions, all humanity, but conceived as Mother (to Her children). The very God whom the greater part of world has worshipped till now as Father.
Mother has no name and no form, which means from another view-point that Her names and forms are infinite.
Some of the conceptions about Mother which are also infinite are as under :
- Mother that resides in every living being and manifests in cases of pure and saintly souls as Inner Voice, or is known in common parlance as, Consciousness, instinct, Conscience, or inspiration.
- Mother that is the Creator, Nourisher and Destroyer of universes.
In addition to these three well-known functions of creation, nourishment and destruction, Mother has two more functions as the ordainer of evolution and involution or of differentiation and dissolution. It is this aspect of Mother which maintains Equilibrium of the Universes, with wonderful adjustments.
- Mother that is the Power which holds universes and individuals in Her Grasp, acting mainly through three aspects of Desire, Knowledge and Action. Individuals and universes are handled as mere playthings by Mother, mainly by these three powers, as also by Satwa, Rajas and Tamas (equilibrium, action and inertia.)
- Mother that has the visible forms of Fire, Sun, Moon, or Dawn, with their respective physical, moral, mental, emotional and spiritual influences.
The Dawn, the Mother of the physical Sun that nourishes the world, from whose womb, the Sun the Greatest Illuminator, takes His birth from day to day, and the Full Moon, the Greatest Joy Creator, are three most important forms for Mother worship. The first and second in daily worship are mainly for celebate boys and girls and the third in monthly worship is mainly for unmarried and married pairs. The fourth the Sacrificial Fire, the all-sins-consumer and all impurities incinerator is for invoking Mai’s Special Grace.
- Mother that is the Soul and unmanifested Cause of whatever enraptures us, through the outer garb of Sublimity, Beauty, Mercy and Compassion, and the Progenitor of well-doing, well-wishing, and love in general.
- Mother that is approachable and contemplatable through the Idol, Image or Picture that has been sanctified and consecrated through Installation, Mantra repetition, Worship, Meditation Concentration and Communion by the devotees of the Mother Māi.
- Mother that assumes Her Subtle Body on concentrated appeal through the Sacred Word formula (Mantra) that on sufficient repetition carries with it, the materialising, spiritualising and transmuting powers.
8 Mother that is identified with the Temple and the Church, the Scripture, or Sacrificial etc., apparently inanimate but fully animating Entities.
- Mother in the temporary form which takes to appease Her devotees, or in the form in wh She manifests Herself from the Sacrificial Fire to grant boons.
- Mother that works through the Guru or the spiritual Guide and Master, for the Lotus Feet Refuge seekers, as also through an assemblage of such Gurus.
- Mother that is formless and beyond where our highest intellect, imagination, reasoning and knowledge fails to go any further.
- Mother that is known in the common parlance as Nature, Divine Law or Providence. Fate, Time, Primal Desire, Force, Evolution or Chance.
- Mother that so arranges matters as suits Her Desire and Determination to carry every soul through experience, initiation, meditation, self-forgetfulness, identification and realisation with a view to pull every soul to Herself, i.e., towards the Salvation.
- Mother that resides in individual bodies as the Serpentine Power Kundalini, Mother that is realised on absorption and Mother that is experienced as one and one alone, or as one and all, by the soul in its free-est state, when detached from everything except itself.
- Mother that is conceived as the one universal consciousness, soul or cosmos, like the continuous string passing through all the Rosary-beads and subjecting everyone to the slightest influence any where in the whole.
- Mother that is experienced or known by existence or non-existence, joyfulness or joylessness, Omniscience or Nescience, and Mother that is the soul of all sportivity, bliss and beneficence. Mother that is incomprehensible and cannot be seen Of shown to be either existent or non-existent.
- Mother that is any this and yet not any- this. Mother that is one, few, many, and all, as She desires to be known to or seen by a particular soul, being beyond all description and comprehension.
- Mother that is powerful to do, undo, and undo or do any thing in the most wonderfully never-imagined manner.
- Mother that is beyond the conditioned state of being She, He or It.
- Mother that is all and not All.
- Mother that is beyond the restriction of being Personal or Impersonal and beyond the limitation of being with or without forms or qualities.
I bow down to the Sportive Mother, the supporter of the universe, the ruler of creation, preservation and reconstruction. I prostrate myself to Mother (Mai) as bright and cool, as illuminating and buoyancy-creating, as millions of rising suns and moons, I kneel to Mother armed with Lotus, Boon, Goad and the Banner.
~ Saint Mai Swarup Mai Markand
You must be logged in to post a comment.