LALITHA SAHASRANAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAM माई सहस्रनाम
571) Mahaa-pralaya-saakshini महाप्रलयसाक्षिणी –Witness of the great dissolution.After that the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh perishes, She is the witness of the great dance of Mahaa Shiva at the time of the great dissolution. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 571
572) Paraashaktih पराशक्तिः –The Supreme energy.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 572
” In the human body, five substances, viz., skin,blood, flesh,fat and bones are derived form Shakti. Remaining four substances, viz., marrow, semen,breath and vitality are derived from Shiva. Thus this body consists of nine substances derived from the two origins. The tenth substance which is above nine, and controls them is called Paraa Shakti.”
“Energy of whatever kind that is attributed to any substance is called shakti, and Shakti is the ruler of all the different innumerable shaktis. Energized substance is the miniature of shiva. Those substances which possess energy are the manifestation of Shiva. The wise recognise the energies, in and of substances to be shaktis.”
573) Paraanishthaa परानिष्ठा – Supreme end.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 573
Attaining Mother is the final goal.
All kinds of actions and knowledge, sooner or later, bring the soul to that conclusion.
All actions good and even bad, by experience lead you to the same conclusion, that being the goal to be achieved, Jivas are made to to do all different actions, both bad and good, and to pass through various experiences.
574) Prajnaanaghanarupini प्रज्ञानघनरूपिणी – In the shape of concentrated knowledge.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 574
Knowledge obtained as the concentrated essence from experience of many actions and their results and conclusions which gives guidance to every being, at every further step.
As the taste of saltishness experienced in a lump of salt is neither within nor without, so is full and concentrated knowledge, permeated in and around the “object known”, outside and principally as reflected in the brain stuff.
575) Maadhvi-paanaa-lasaa माध्वीपानालसा –Languid as if drunk. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 575
The Lotus in Mother’s hand is there because in the highest stage of love between Mother and son, Mother does not get Herself pleased without worshipping the devotee with the lotus in Her hand.
576) Mattaa मत्ता- Uncaring for anything that comes in the way of rushing towards pleasure.Egoistic and almost as rash as if intoxicated. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 576
577) Maatrikaa-varna-roopini मातृकावर्णरूपिणी – In the form of the energy and influence which each letter bears by its phonetic power. Letters have been given their effects and colours under the science on the subject. For instance, sixteen vowels are smoke-coloured, thirteen letters Ka क to Da द ( as in the word daily) are red, nine letters Dha ध to Fha फ yellowish, further five letters are crimson, further five are gold-coloured and Ha ह and Ksha क्ष are of the colour of lightning. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 577
Vowels represent Shakti शक्ती , consonants are Shiva शिव , The relation of these letters around Mother in the Shree Chakra श्रीचक्र is referred elsewhere.
578) Mahaa-kailaasa-nilayaa महाकैलासनिलया – Residing in the great Kailaas, the abode of Shiva. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 578
579) Mrinaala-mridudorlataa मृणालमृदुदोर्लता – Her creeper-like arms soft as the lotus stem.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 579
580) Mahaniyaa महनीया – Mother is Illustrious.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 580
After a few names of a bit caution and not discouragement , we now proceed to the unobstructed straight path.
581) Dayaa-murtih दयामूर्तिः- Personification of mercy.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 581
582) Mahaa-saamraajya-shaalini महासाम्राज्यशालिनी – Resplendent with widest dominion of dominions. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 582
583) Aatmavidyaa आत्मविद्या – Spiritual knowledge.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 583
Knowledge about the soul and its latent powers, knowledge about spirit versus matter and of soul versus body.
584) Mahaavidyaa महाविद्या – The All Combined evolutionary Path of attaining Mother.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 584
Shree Vidyaa in the Holy Hindu scriptures, is described to be of twelve kinds, with regard to differences in the methods of worship, by twelve principal devotees of Mother, who are Manu, Chandra, Kubera, Lopaamudraa, Manmatha, Agastya, Agni, Surya, Indra, Skanda, Shiva and Durvaasa.
The twelve different Vidyaas looked at from the point of the science of Mantras, are different sacred words, formula and are different permutations of the several sacred letters of the Panchadashaakshari पंचदशाक्षरी Mantra.
Thus for instance , Lopaamudraa’s Vidyaa or Haadi हादि विद्या Vidyaa is
Ha ह, sa स , ka क, la ल, hrim र्हीं |, Ha ह, sa स, ka क, ha ह, la ल, hrim र्हीं |, Sa स, ka क, la ल, hrim र्हीं ||.
For Mai-ists, Manuvidyaa मनुविद्या may be taken to mean the science of attaining Mother through knowledge and Chandravidyaa through heart or emotion or devotion. Nandividyaa through service, and Mahaavidyaa may be taken to mean putting into practice and realising the above Vidyaas.
According to Mother’s Lodge Ideals, “Love all” is Chandra Vidyaa चंद्रविद्या ,and “Serve all” is Nandi Vidyaa नंदीविद्या . “Meditating on Mother’ which means Devotion, is Manu Vidyaa मनुविद्या , and “Self-surrendering and living cheerfully in any circumstances, in which one is placed”, is Mahaa-Vidyaa महाविद्या .
585) Shrividyaa श्रीविद्या – Sacred science. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 585
There are four sacred sciences for salvation, viz., the sacrificial science, the existed science, the secret science and the spiritual science. Mother is the initiator of all these and Mother is the bestower of salvation. The said four sciences are sciences of Action, Devotion, Mantra and the science of knowledge about the relations of the soul, universe and Mother.
586) Kaama-sevitaa कामसेविता – Attended by Kaama ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 586
Kama काम means the bodiless one( god of love ). As stated in scriptures: He, though without fingers worshipped Mother, without tongue spoke to Mother and appealed to Mother. He saw Mother without eyes, he touches Mother’s form without fingers. This shows that no ceremonial for worship is indispensable.
587) Shree-shodasha-akshari-vidyaa श्रीषोडशाक्षरीविद्या – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र , नाम क्रमांक 587
The science of meditation of Mother, through the repetition of the Mantra of sixteen syllable is this.This Mantra is obtained by adding Aim to the fifteen-syllabled Mantra and therefore runs as under :-
Ka क, e ए, i ई, la ल , hrim र्हीं, | ha ह , sa स, ka क , ha ह , la ल , hrim र्हीं , | sa स , ka क , la ल , hrim र्हीं, Aim एें ||
588) Trikutaa त्रिकूटा –Three-peaked or three grouped. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 588
The three peaks of a mountain may be taken to be Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh and She is the one mountain of which, those are the peaks. Kuta कूट also refers to the group of the fifteen syllabled Mantra. She that is worshipped by three groups.
589) Kaama-kotikaa कामकोटीका – As beautiful as millions of Kaama. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 589
There is a theory that every woman has a womb in her forehead also, where the most righteous woman gathers up righteousness and religiosity which she can impart to children, and when that desire arises in such a woman, i.e., to beget a righteous and religious child, She brings into being a righteous soul or a Savior, which millions of the usual Kama driven actions can not.
590) Kataaksha-kinkari-bhoota-kamalaa-koti-nishevitaa कटाक्षकिंकरीभूतकमलाकोटीसेविता Attended by millions of Lakshmis लक्ष्मी , as maid-servants subdued by Her glances.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 590
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER & MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND