LALITHA SAHASRANAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAM माई सहस्रनाम
121) Bhayaapahaa भयापहा – Remover of fear. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 121
In the forest, and other places, in water on earth, in the presence of a tiger, and in midst of wild beasts and robbers, and specially in all difficulties and afflictions due to diseases, etc., the names of Mother should be repeated. The greatest fear is Death-Fear. Mother’s devotee dies as sweetly as a child goes to sleep in the Mother’s lap, when She is patting and mesmerising the child to sleep.
One of the most Efficacious Repetition couplet, in the matter of the removal of the fear, is this : Daaridya Dukkha Bhaya Haarini Kaattvadnyaa | Sarvopakaara Karanaaya Sadaardra chitaa || [ दुर्गे स्मृता हरसि भीतिमशेषजन्तोः स्वस्थैः स्मृता मतिमतीव शुभां ददासि । दारिद्र्यदुखःभयहारिणि का त्वदन्या सर्वोपकारकरणाय सदार्द्रचित्ता।। ]
122) Shaambhavi शांभवी – Mother of the devotees of Shambhu.ललित सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 122
There are so many names allied to Maheshvari, i.e., having the popular meaning of “Wife of Shiva”.The Mai-istic meaning is “The Shakti or Power and Energy of Mahaadev,” some of these names are here given below. Maheshvari has been described as the door-keeper to the South and is the controller of wrathfulness or wrathlessness.
A eight year old girl for Kumaari-Poojaa is called Shaambhavi शांभवी .
123) Shaaradaaraadhyaa शारदाराध्या – Worshipped by the deity of learning and great souls of learning.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 123
124 ) Sharvaani शर्वाणी – Mother earth. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 124
Taking Shiva to be soul of Earth or rather Shiva’s body to be Earth, Sharvaani is his beloved, and so it means, Mother Earth.
An average man has seldom thought of his indebtedness to the Earth. He is rich because of the gold from earth, he is a king, because he has a large dominion over earth. He is white skinned or black-skinned because of a particular earth. He is the owner of mines, owner of lands and palaces, made of materials from earth. He is created out of food and lives on food , which comes from earth,lives and finally lies on earth, and is in due course, reduced to earth. Dust he is and to dust he returns.
125) Sharma-daayini शर्मदायिनी – Conferring happiness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 125
126) Shaankari शांकरी – The maker of happiness.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 126
The difference between the giver of happiness and the maker of happiness, is that in the former case happiness is directly given whereas in the latter case She gives the power of turning every misery into happiness. The latter comes later.
127) Shrikari श्रीकरी – Producing success. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 127
128) Saadhvi साध्वी –Saint-attached. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 128
Because in the three times ( past, present and future ) She is attached to none but to Her own saintly devotees, and because She has unequalled fidelity to Her devotees, Mother is praised as Saadhvi ( the virtuous one ).
129) Sharat-chandra-nibhaa-nanaa शरच्चन्द्रनिभानना – Having the face as charming as the moon of the most gladdening Full-moon day of Sharad शरद Purnimaa पूर्णिमा ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 129
130) Shaatodari शातोदरी– Having a slender belly. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 130
Udar means ‘belly’ and this name reminds one of the popular expression”Mother swallows the faults, and hides the crimes and sins of children in Her belly”, Shaatodari also means having hundreds of caves, i.e., the softest corners to shelter and give a safe refuge to the devotees.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA