LALITHA SAHASRANAMA ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMA माई सहस्रनाम
141) Shaantaa शांता – Mother is Shantaa, i.e., peaceful while She appears before Her devotees. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 141
142) Nish-kaamaa निष्कामा – Without desire. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 142
For the perfect nothing is missing, which would generate to desire. Applied to the devotee, he has no other desire except being Hers.
143) Nir-upaplavaa निरूपप्लवा – Indestructible. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 143
144) Nitya-muktaa नित्यमुक्ता – Ever free. And sure to give salvation. Whose devotees are ever free. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 144
145) Nir-vikaaraa निर्विकारा – Unchanging. Not subject to different emotions and modifications. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 145
146) Nish-prapanchaa निष्प्रपंचा – Without any desire of accumulation or expansion of worldliness, his outright vision being the negation of illusion, and heart and mind being full of peace and bliss, due to non-duality. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 146
147 ) Niraashrayaa निराश्रया – Summarizing, Mother is the Saviour of the hope-lost and Supporter of the support-less. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 147
Saviour of the support-less. Whoever has no sympathizer, supporter or consoler finds the highest Saviour, Supporter, Sympathizer and Solace-giver in Her.
In the reverse sense, She belongs to them alone, i.e., She is fully realised by them alone, who are support-less, i.e., who have gone above the stage of considering anyone else except Mother to be relied upon , and responsible for their well being or well faring.
So long as the devotee has the thinnest thread of hope in anyone else except Herself, She allows the devote to try it, to teach her or him the lesson, that none but She is hers or his.
Thus Mother is described first as Mother, next as Controller of all powers, next as Controller of all boons.
Next is slight reference to the very general way, how different aspirants are with reference to the revolutionary path.
Some select few progress by the direct desirelessness but as a general rule , almost all by direct desirefulness. She is the elevating force, from the commencement for the select few of the first type, and degrading force in the beginning and then elevating force generally, for almost all of the other type. One way or the other depends upon the plane on which each soul stands, when She is pleased to confer Her special Grace. Excepting instances of special Grace, the common rule is for each soul to be attracted towards temptations and to be wise by experience and to get wiser and wiser. The first classification includes those that get wise by other’s experience or by the meditation of the miseries resulting from evil, by magnifying what little experience they have . Few are able to start from where they are, but most need backing potentiality, i.e., the energy to forcefully rush ahead, as the reaction of temporary retarding and receding.
(148) Nitya-shuddhaa नित्यशुध्दा – Ever pure.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 148
Whereas the creation is very impure, The Supreme Dweller therein is very pure. Mother similarly keeps Her devotees pure although in the midst of impurities.
149) Nitya-buddhaa नित्यबुध्दा – Ever wise. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 149
150) Niravadyaa निर्वद्या – Defectless. Unaffected by any modifications or causes which deteriorate. With nothing missing or nothing that can be made or be better.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 150
Avadya is also the name of a hell; by Her Grace the devotees escape that hell;” Hence anyone remembers Mother day and night , he never goes to hell as he is cleansed from all sins.”
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA