LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMAM माई सहस्रनाम
421) Vyaahritih व्याह्रतीः – Utterance. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 421
Mother is so named because She appears before Her devotees, on hearing the utterance of Her name. Vyaahritih literally may be taken to mean, a calling.
422) Sandhyaa संध्या – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 422
Sandhyaa means junction, as also meditation and is meant for developing the idea of the non-separate-ness of ourselves,as from one another, all of us being dependent for our very being and very condition of being living, on Mother, who resides in Chaitanya in the sun. Sandhyaa is meditation (Dhyaa) ,wholly(San), on Her. Sandhyaaa means the Deity who is to be worshipped at the twilights.
She that is witness of action and repeatedly reminds the devotee, of the imperceptible reduction of his future life for achieving evolution, is the giver of everything that Her devotees demand, is Sandhyaa. Mythologically Sandhyaa is the mind born daughter of Brahmaa. ” Born from his mind. She is the victorious deity of twilights.”
Sandhyaa contains mainly the exercise of Praanaayaam or scientific breathing at an hour, when the atmosphere is specially suited for meditation and is pure and is meant to purify nerves. It has always been associated with yoga and health, as a daily exercise for Brahmins, at twilights, to have a better control over mind and body.
423) Dvija-vrinda-nishevitaa द्विजवृंदनिषेविता – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 423
She that is entered into, by hosts of purified and perfected souls and birds. Dvija means souls and birds. As birds fatigued with flight, fold their wings and enter their nests, so are tired jivas return to Her and freed from desires and dreamings. Similarly, human beings after the day’s fatigue rest in Her lap and confidence. A fortunate few, after having done all that they can , come to the conclusion and realisation, that there is no happiness, except in Her Lotus Feet.
424) Tatva-asanaa तत्वासना – She that is the basis of all eternal varieties. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 424
425) Tat तत् – That. She that is all that is outside “Thee”. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 425
426) Tvam त्वम –Thou. She to whom Thou art indebted for whatever Thou conceivest as “Thou”, “Thy” or “Thine”.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 426
427) Ayi अयि – Oh.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 427
This word is used in singular number “Thou”, in the emotion of endearment. Mother alone is addressed as “Thou,” amongst elders to be respected, as She is the eternal Mother of all. “Thou” showing absence of cold enforced respectfulness and flow of love. Ayi also means “Oh, fortunate one”.
428) Pancha-koshaantara-sthitaa पंचकोशांतरस्थिता – Residing in the five sheaths. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 428
Corresponding to our bodies there are five sheaths. These Koshas are called Annamaya, Praanamaya, Manomaya, Vijnaanamaya and Aanandamaya. Each is involved in the preceding one. Of this five, the innermost last is the Aanandamaya and with that, Mother is identified.She is the witness and controller of these sheaths.
429) Nissim-mahimaa निस्सीममहिमा – Of immeasurable Greatness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 429
430) Nitya-yau-vanaa नित्ययौवना –With renewing youthfulness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 430
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA
You must be logged in to post a comment.