LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMAM माई सहस्रनाम
411) Shishteshtaa शिष्टेष्टा – This path is most desirable for them that are educated and disciplined. Shishtas शिष्ट are they who are righteous and who always control their limbs, eyes,speech and whole body and mind, thoughts and desires, etc.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 411
Shishtaas शिष्ट are educated men who can understand and the working, who can decide further course for themselves with help and advice of Guru and the Grace of Mother, and who can introspect and watch the whole progressive procedure.
412) Shishta-poojitaa शिष्टपूजिता – ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 412
Shishta शिष्ट means disciplined and righteous. Shishtas are those who always perfectly control their limbs, eyes, speech,whole body, mind, desires, thoughts, and actions.Those who are desirous of achieving and maintaining this control, worship and propitiate Her.
413) Aprameyaa अप्रमेया – Unknowable. Everything about Her including Her mysterious ways of saving and perfecting and granting salvation, etc., is unknowable.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 413
414) Svaprakaashaa स्वप्रकाशा – Self-illuminated.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 414
She is known or seen only by Her own desire , and not by any other cause or compulsion.
415) Manovaachaamagocharaa मनोवाचामगोचरा- Beyond mind and speech.ललिता सहस्रनाम क्रमांक 415
In Vishnu Puraan, it is stated,”I bow down to the Supreme Ishvari, Who transcends speech and mind.”
Sometimes it is said, that the mind turns always fully vanquished, and convinced of the impossibility of comprehending Mother, and again sometimes it is stated that by mind alone, She should be and will be perceived. This contradiction is explained and by adding the qualifying words “Not purified” and “purified by Her Grace”, respectively to the word “mind”.
416) Chitshaktih चिच्छक्तिः – The power that removes Avidya अविद्या ignorance and grants right and righteous consciousness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 416
417) Chetanaarupaa चेतनारूपा – In the form of consciousness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 417
Shakti is Chaitanya itself.Devotees meditate upon that primeval Vidya, which is in the form of Chaitanya of all, and which guides their senses.
418) Jadashaktih जडशक्तिः – She is the energy of the inanimate creation and inanimate things. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 418
Thus both Chaitanya चैतन्य and Jada जड , sentient and insentient, is She.
An object is and becomes what it is by its own energy. Every object even though inanimate has its own energy and is able to exert a certain influence and produce a certain effect or change.
The energy is generally dependent on and borrowed from the Chaitanya Shakti in close proximity. As an instance, a mirror has the power of enhancing the practice of concentration through inanimate.
419) Jadaatmikaa जडात्मिका – She that is the soul of the objective world. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 419
She is insentient Mother as well.
420) Gaayatri गायत्री – Protector of the singer of Her glory.
The popular name Gaayatri is that of Mantra consisting of twenty-four syllables. The Gaayatri Mantra of Mother is known to few, and its simple repetition, without the requirement of so many other suffixing and prefixing and distracting rituals, burns all sins to ashes. It is Aadyaayai Paramashvaryai Dheemahi Tannah Maai Prachodayaat . We recognise the Finalmost Mother alone, we meditate on Her, as the supreme Master of the universe and pray that She may pull us to Herself. This is Hindu Mother’s Aaddyaa Gaayatri- For Mai Gaayatri of Universal Mai-ism, please refer to pathanam.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA
You must be logged in to post a comment.