LALITHA (LALITA) SAHASRANAMA MAI SAHASRANAMA
381) Rahoyaaga-krama-araadhyaa रहोयागक्रमाराध्या – Worshipped with several sacrifices by devotees to give them the ecstasy by union of their soul and Mother in the shape of the Kundalini in the highest Sahasraara-Chakra. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 381
Salvation is not for him who confers himself to the scriptural words alone , but for the man with firm vows who has ceased from worldly pursuits, who never injures any one and who rejoices in the meditation of self with Mother and who always enjoys the ecstasy of union with Divine Mother as above described.
382) Rahastarpana-tarpitaa रहस्ततर्पणतर्पिता – Gratified by the secret and mental oblations. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्रनाम क्रमांक 382
The devotee should sacrifice himself to Mother in the fire of consciousness with all his knowledge or ignorance, righteousness or unrighteousness and sinlessness or sinfulness, heaven and hell and the ownership from the lump of clay to the whole dominion of the deities.
In a word Mother is pleased when one hands over the whole charge of one’s self as one is and when nothing remains as secret and kept concealed by the devotee from Mother.
This is the secret of Mother worship. There should be no idea of alienship or separateness. Hand Yourself to Her wholly.
Duryodhan दुर्योधन approached his mother who was powerful and chaste Sati for blessing so that he might not be defeated or killed. Gaandhaari गांधारी told him that she would pray to God and the moment she opened her eyes from the state of divine communion, whatever portion of his body her eyes would fall on would be immortalised. Duryodhan दुर्योधन deluded as a result of the diplomatic advice of Krishna कृष्ण wore a flower chaddi, fearing least it would be indecent if he were to appear in naked form his mother. When Gaandhaari गांधारी opened her eyes she wrathfully shouted out “You fool, you have been deceived”. In the war he was killed, being hurt in the part that was concealed under the flower-wear.
You have to approach Mother as you are and hand yourself over.
383) Sadyah-prasaadini सद्यःप्रसादिनी – Granting Grace immediately and unfailingly. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 383
384) Vishva-saakshini विश्वसाक्षिणी – She sees and supervises all and everything. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तो., नाम क्रमांक 384
385) Saakshivarjitaa साक्षीविवर्जिता – Herself unwitnessed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 385
She is not seen by anyone while She sees everyone and everything. There is no witness to the One who is the witness of all things. Says one devotee,” There is a mountain behind a straw and none sees the mountain “.
386) Shadanga-devataa-yuktaa षडंगदेवतायुक्ता -Accompanied by the deities of the six limbs.See Khadga-Maalaa खड्गमाला . Theses are heart, head, tuft of hair,, eyes, armours and weapons. She is accompanied by the energies of these six limbs.
Or She is accompanied by the sixth Shaktis of omniscience, contentment, wisdom, independence,unfadingness and infiniteness. Some describe main Shaktis of Mother to be four – Shaanti शांती (Peace), Vidyaa विद्या(Knowledge), Pratishthaa प्रतिष्ठा (fixity, constancy) and Nivritti निवृत्ती (restraint).
387) Shaadgunya-pari-pooritaa षाडगुण्यपरिपूरिता -Further She is the conferrer, on Her devotees, of Prosperity (Aishvarya एैश्वर्य), Righteousness (Dharmaधर्म), Fame (Kirtiकिर्ती ),Wealth(Shree श्री), Wisdom (Jnana ज्ञान ) and Dispassion (Vairaagya वैराग्य ). ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र ,नाम क्रमांक 387
She is deluged by devotees with prayers of six factors, viz., Salutation (Namaskaar नमस्कार ), Paraakrama पराक्रम (Narrating Her exploits), Vibhuti विभूति (Rehearsing Her glory), Ashish अशिश (Asking blessings), Siddhantokti सिध्दान्तोक्ती (Thanksgiving for whatever has been achieved through Her Grace ), and Praathanaa प्रार्थना (Prayer for general welfare or specific relief).
388) Nityaklinnaa नित्यक्लिन्ना – Ever compassionate.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 388
389) Nirupamaa निरूपमा – Without a second worthy of being compared or spoken to as a simile even by the most meagre similitude. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 389
(390) Chidekarasarupini चिदेकरसरूपिणी – The one ocean of all intelligence brought to a homogeneity.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 364
The idea is this. Consider a lake in which all people put in good and bad things. The lake as a whole, malarious or of decease-removing property, is equally effective to all. Any man who does a good action or thinks a good thought adds to the permanent lake, and She is the master of all the workings in this lake, and of the universal homogeneous influence of this lake.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND