LALITHA (LALITA) SAHASRANAMAM ललिता सहस्रनाम
MAI SAHASRANAMA माई सहस्रनाम
361) Tamopahaa तमोपहा – Remover of darkness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 361
Tamas तमस means ignorance. They that worship ignorance enter blind darkness. Darkness and ignorance mean death. Primarily Tamas तमस manifests itself in two ways , (1) not knowing the right thing and knowing truth as untruth and untruth as truth (2) Deadness, inertia, aversion or any change or activity.
Under deadness comes absence of control over senses and false contentment known as Ashakti आसक्ती or Tushti तुष्टी respectively. Tushti तुष्टी is also a kind of Tamas, and some of its varieties are” All your exertions towards raising religiosity are simply wasteful. Time is unsuitable. God himself does not like. It is the wish of God that in Kaliyuga कलीयुग (iron age) religious work can not bear fruit.”
Under the other head of Tamas comes ignorance, inversion and abuse, the dynamic force being egotism and selfishness. The abuse of God Grace to obtain Siddhis सिध्दी and utilise them to one’s fame and easy attainment of all comforts, pleasures and sources of merry-making is the most degenerative abuse. In the case of ignorance the man has no knowledge but in the case of inversion he knows facts and yet acts in the opposite manner.Incapacity and weakness is one thing, over-activity and oppressiveness is another thing and between the two is indecision and oscillation and hypocrisy, etc.
362) Chiti चिति – Intelligence, Wisdom.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र नमा क्रमांक 362
Wisdom as opposed to Avidyaa अविद्या and intelligence as opposed to dull-mindedness.
363) Tatpada-lakshyaarthaa तत्पदलक्ष्यार्था -She is what is secondarily meant by ” Tat ” तत् .ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 363
364) Chidekarasarupini चिदेकरसरूपिणी – The one ocean of all intelligence brought to a homogeneity.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 364
The idea is this. Consider a lake in which all people put in good and bad things. The lake as a whole, malarious or of decease-removing property, is equally effective to all. Any man who does a good action or thinks a good thought adds to the permanent lake, and She is the master of all the workings in this lake, and of the universal homogeneous influence of this lake.
365)Svaatmaananda-lavibhuta-brahmaadyaananda-santatih स्वात्मानन्दलवीभूतब्रह्माद्यानन्दसंततिः – The totality of the bliss of Brahmaa and others , is but a minute portion of Her own bliss. The Bliss that is enjoyed and the bliss that the devotee is blessed with. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 365
The bliss of Indra इन्द्र and others is but a drop in he ocean, in comparison with the Bliss of Mother. Other spiritual beings live on a mere part of this bliss, either imaginary or shadowy. Most of the worldly beings live on the merely the imagination of this bliss in worldly objects, thoughts and pursuits, where as some blessed few get to live on the shadow or reflection of this bliss.
366) Paraa परा – Causal and unmanifest form of speech.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 366
367) Pratyak-chiti-roopaa प्रत्यक्चितिरूपा Inner consciousness of all. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 367
368) ) Pashyanti पश्यन्ती – Manifest form of speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 368
369) Paradevataa परदेवता – She is the supreme deity.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 369
370)) Madhyamaa मध्यमा – Preparatory form of speech. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 370
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA
You must be logged in to post a comment.