LALITHA [ LALITA ] SAHASRANAMA ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMA माई सहस्रनाम
161) Nirahankaaraa निरहंकारा – Without egoism. Without the attachment of “I and Mine” or pride.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 161
162) Nir-mohaa निर्मोहा–Without bewilderment.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 162
Moha मोह is the distraction of mind, confusion of thought and disappearance of discrimination.
163) Moha-naashini मोहनाशिनी – Removing and raising beyond, the influence and chances of bewilderment.ललिता सहस्रनाम स.तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 163
For him who perceives unity under all diversities, and the temporariness and falsity, of temptation in all trying circumstances, there is no bewilderment and no sorrow.
164) Nir-mamaa निर्ममा – Without self-interest or myness. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक164
Self-interest necessarily implies separateness and as Mother is beyond separateness, She is beyond all doubt, without self-interest.
165) Mamataa-hantri ममताहन्त्री – The destroyer of self-interest.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 165
These doublets are to be subtly understood. It is just like an expert home teacher, so coaching up his boy, as to keep up he rank in the class, as also to be prepared in courses, both,those in arrears and those in advance.
To explain one instance, (158) Nir-madaa निर्मदा mean one who acts pridelessly and (159) मदनाशिनी Mada-naashini means one who is purged out of any lingering elements that lead to pride.
166) Nishpaapaa निष्पापा – Without sin. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 166
167) Paapa-naashini पापनाशिनी – Destroying sin. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 167
By the repetition of Her Mantra and name, etc., She destroys the sins of devotees. The Shruti श्रृती says, “Like the point of a reed in the fire, all sins of Her devotees are burnt up”. ” The devotee who is devoted to practicing virtues and penance and who continually repeats (mantras), even if he always sinful actions , he is not afflicted thereby,. Sin never resides in the hearts of those who repeat (mantras), or offer oblations, or meditate, or make pilgrimages (going to saintly persons)”. “The mass of sins, though as immeasurable as Mount Meru मेरू , is instantaneously destroyed on approaching Mother. He who is devoted to Durgaa दुर्गा , is not stained even by committing heinous crimes, in the same manner as the lotus leaf is not affected by water full of moss”. “The sinful actions of those who are devoid of Varna वर्ण and Ashrama आश्रम , (caste and life order) and the wretched, by mere meditation on Mother, become virtuous.”
As per Maai-istic ideal, it is only a delusion of oneself that he is a devotee, if he has not risen much above the tendency of committing crimes and sins, although he may be most rigidly undergoing penances or performing religious duties and practices. These statements refer to clemency regarding sins of past and do not mean getting a blank cheque, for future criminal or sinful conduct.
168) Nish-krodhaa निष्क्रोधा – Without anger.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 168
Anger is caused by the obstructions in the fulfillment of desire. Because She has no desire to be fulfilled, there is no cause for anger.
169) Krodha-shamani क्रोधशमनी– Appeaser of anger. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 169
He who sacrifices, offers oblation, or worships while angry, is deprived of all benefit and merit there from , as water imperceptibly leaks away of unbaked clay.
170) Nir-lobhaa निर्लोभा –Without greed. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 170
Because She is exceedingly liberal.
” Greed destroys all good qualities.” A greedy Guru (religious master) is no Guru. “He is the Guru who is without doubt, the remover of doubt and expects nothing in the shape of money.” Under Mai Cult Guru is a Mai and has to sacrifice for the Shishya (religious disciple), without any expectation of return as a mother.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND