LALITHA SAHASRANAMAM ललिता सहस्रनाम MAI SAHASRANAMAM माई सहस्रनाम
391) Nitya-shodashikaa-roopaa नित्यशोडषिकारूपा – In the form of sixteen eternal deities. These are fifteen from Kaameshvari to Chitraa and 16th Tripurasundari. For names please see Khadga-Maalaa. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 391
392) Shreekanthaardhasharirini श्रीकण्ठार्धशरीरिणी – Possessing the body of Shreekantha. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 392
While the ocean was being churned, all the best things came out, and last came poison, which began to destroy the universe. Shiva then came forth to control it, and swallowed up all poison, and hence Shiva’s throat became blue. Mahesvari forms that half body of that Mahesha or Shiva. The worldly meaning may also be noted that She is a true wife who shares the full miseries in all conditions and all circumstances.
393) Prabhaavati प्रभावती – Luminous. She is so, being with luminaries of so many deities, Siddhis, Sun, Moon, Fire etc. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 393
394) Prabhaa-roopa प्रभारूपा – In the form of brightness. The possessor is also the quality itself.ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 394
395) Prasidhaa प्रसिध्दा – Celebrated. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 395
Known to all in the shape of their “I”. Many deny the existence of God and dedication of anything to God. However, if God means “I” as it is under the Mother’s Ideal, every one not only owns but asserts the existence of Mother and dedicates and desires to dedicate the whole Universe to Her.
396) Parameshvari परमेश्वरी – Supreme Ruler. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तो., नाम क्रमांक 396
397) Mulaprakritih मूलप्रकृति -Primary cause. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 397
There are five elements from ether to to earth, and each is called the Prakriti ( origin ) of the succeeding one; the origin of ether is Mother and so She is called Mula-Prakriti. Prakriti is cause and Vikriti is effect. ” There is one Mother of the Universe , who has no origin; hence She is called Mulaprakriti.
” The earth, the basis of all, becomes dissolved into water, water is absorbed by fire, fire is absorbed into air, air into ether, this into the unmanifested (Avyakta), and Avyakta into Mother.” So She is called Mulaprakriti.
398) Avyakta अव्यक्ता – Unimanifest. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 398
Avyakta is the collective form of the three qualities of Sattva, Rajas and Tamas.
399 ) Vyaktaavyaktarupini व्यक्ताव्यक्तरूपिणी – In the form of manifested and unmanifested or individual or collective existence. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 399
Vyakta, is naturally subject to modifications unlike Avyakta.
Vyakta is perishable. Avyakta is imperishable. Taking Vyktaa to mean the first manifestation, it is Supreme Egoism.
Vyakta, Avyakta and Vyaktaavyakta are three conceptions of Mother for each of the three processes, viz., those of worship, devotion and meditation and they are generally based on above meanings, if you worship Mother in the universe around,which is Vyakta form, you get happiness. On the other hand, if you worship Mother as the eternal Finalmost Mother, which is the Avyakta form, you get salvation. If you worship Mother both ways. i.e., at times with form and with attributes and at times without form and without attributes, you get both, i.e. happiness and salvation.
She is manifested ( Vyakta ) to and in those devotees, whose deeds have been ripened and is not manifested (Avyakta), to and in those who have remained themselves bound by the noose of Maayaa and She is Vyaktaavyakta to and in them who have known the whole science of evolution and their own situation and desired the attainment of the finalmost stage, but have not attend it.
On the same lines, Vyakta meditation is the meditation of one’s worshippable in the limited and experienced form. Avyakta meditation is focusing on the conception of the universal form and Vyaktaavyakta meditation is the happy combination of concentration on the form delimited to be fully within practicability, but vested with limitlessness and infinity. Krishna as Yashodaa’s son is Vyakta, Krishna is Vaasudeva is Avyakta and Krishna as Raadhaa’s Beloved is Vyaktaavyakta.
400) Vyaapini व्यापिनी- All pervading. ललिता सहस्रनाम स्तोत्र, नाम क्रमांक 400
She is called all-pervading, because She assumes all the different forms of the creations.
EXTRACT FROM THE BOOK : MOTHER AND MOTHER’S THOUSAND NAMES
AUTHOR : MAI SWARUP MAI MARKAND
MAI NIWAS, SARASWATI ROAD END, SANTA CRUZ WEST MUMBAI 400054 INDIA
You must be logged in to post a comment.